STRETCHMETAL IS SEEKING AN AUDIO ENGINEER TO JOIN OUR TEAM.
1. Mixing and Mastering: Collaborate with fellow Sound Engineers to edit, mix, and master audio recordings for tape releases.
2. Live Sound Engineering: Support the live event team during music shows. Assist with setting up sound systems, and soundboard operation, most notably for our Drone Sleepover and Drone Rodeo Series.
4. Collaboration: Work with artists, performers, and production teams to understand their creative vision and contribute to the development of exceptional auditory experiences.
5. Problem-Solving: Observe and assist in troubleshooting technical issues related to sound production, both in the studio and during live events. Learn to remain calm under pressure and contribute to the smooth operation of audio systems.
- Basic knowledge of sound recording and editing software.
- Love of ambient music, audio production, and live events.
- Strong willingness to learn and contribute to a collaborative team environment.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours to accommodate live events.
-Our shows are mainly based in Chicago, so applications around the IL area make the most sense for on-site work. However, we sometimes need hands in Portland, LA, Washington, Vancouver, and New York so feel free to apply for other locations.
Compensation: This is a volunteer opportunity with free tickets to all StretchMetal events for volunteers and a +1. This work is intended for individuals seeking valuable experience in audio engineering within a music booking group. College credit can be arranged if applicable.
To get involved, please send your CV and any additional relevant materials (portfolio, sound samples, streaming only) to firstname.lastname@example.org.